If you find yourself reluctant to climb into bed because you wake up each morning in pain, consider taking a look at best pillow top mattress available in 2017.
Everyone should look forward to climbing into their beds at night- especially after a particularly difficult day.
Pillow top mattresses offer a comfortable solution for those who are tired of waking up with back or hip pain due to a hard mattress.
That being said, the best mattress is the one that allows you to get to, and stay asleep.
Only your body can tell you if you’ve picked the right mattress for you.
The lack of physical pain upon waking up should clue you in.
Top 4 Pillow Top Mattresses Quick Summary
|Brand||Size (inches)||Warranty Type||Our Rating||Price|
|Zinus Memory Foam (Editor Choice)||80x60x12"||10 Year Warranty||4.5 / 5||$$$|
|Dreamfoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams||79x60x11"||5 Year Warranty||4 / 5||$$$|
|Signature Sleep||60x80x13"||1 Year Warranty||4.5 / 5||$$$|
|Icon Sleep||80x60x13"||20- Year Warranty||4 / 5||$$$|
Things Should You Look For When Buying A Pillow Top Mattress
While some people give little to no thought when it comes to purchasing their next mattress, looking for the following things can help steer you in the right direction.
A pillow top bed has a layer of foam on top of the mattress. The depth of the foam topping may vary from 1-2 inches or more, but generally, the more in-depth the foam top, the more comfortable the mattress will be.
The foam firmness can vary which means that some people will do better on a firmer pillow top, while someone else might only be able to sleep on a soft bed.
Consider what will work best for you.
Since most people have no idea how a mattress is put together, they frequently choose a mattress thinking they’re all the same and they are, right?
A pillow top mattress is topped with a high grade of memory foam that helps provide comfort throughout the night.
The foam’s firmness will either hold you firmly without putting pressure on your aching joints, or it will let you sink into the mattress as if it were a literal cloud.
But these mattresses are not just blocks of pure foam.
The very best mattresses will also have a basic structure of springs or spring alternatives that give the mattress its shape- the foam or pillow topping is essentially the icing on the cake.
Dimensions are more than just numbers.
A larger mattress will allow you to stretch out and move around more, where as a smaller mattress can make you feel confined and also cause you to lose sleep worrying if you’re going to fall off the bed in the middle of the night.
One of the most common issues faced by most pillow top mattresses is the sagging that frequently occurs the more you sleep on the bed.
Various factors may play an important role in this factor, but in general, the more wear and tear a mattress experiences, the quicker the foam will wear down and become less supportive.
For this reason, try and stick with a bed that has a larger warranty window.
Especially if you’re on a budget- because not everyone can afford to keep buying mattresses.
That being said, check out the ones that made the mark.
Top 4 Pillow Top Mattress Reviews
1.Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch
- Dimensions: 80x60x12″
- Warranty Type: 10 Year Warranty
The multiple layers will accommodate most people and their unique sleep requirements-whether they need extra back support or they enjoy sleeping on their sides.
In addition to being versatile, the Zinus memory foam mattress will feel equally comfortable for both lightweight and heavyweight people- something that can’t be said for all mattresses.
Unfortunately, this mattress lacks a cool gel layer.
Fortunately, that doesn’t seem to be a problem.
This mattress seems to a decent job at wicking away heat so you won’t wake up in a puddle of sweat.
The origin of manufacturing for this mattress is cause for concern in some.
Some people prefer products made in the USA while others won’t care. The Zinus memory foam mattress manufactured in China, so if you’re a proud supporter of the USA only products- keep looking.
- It’s the perfect mattress for both side and stomach sleepers.
- The firmness is a perfect level of soft and firm without being extreme in either direction.
- Resists heat build up better than most mattresses.
- No offensive chemical smells upon setup and use.
- Due to the shipping conditions of mattresses, some mattresses will not expand to the full potential height. If this happens to you, take advantage of the 30-day free return.
- Only available for purchase online, so unfortunately you can’t test it before you buy it.
FYI: Best Body Pillow
2.Dreamfoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Crazy Quilt Pillow Top Mattress
- Dimensions: 79x60x11″
- Warranty Type: 5 Year Warranty
If you’re looking for a combination of great features at an affordable price, the DreamFoam Ultimate Crazy Quilt Pillow Top should be one of the first on your list.
When you look at the cost savings of this mattress combined with the crazy level of support and durability you get, it’s hard to consider any other mattress.
The ultra plush memory foam is probably best suited for those who enjoy sleeping on their sides or anyone who suffers from lower back pain issues.
While the memory foam is soft, it is deep and has a tendency to make you feel like you’re sinking into the mattress itself.
This can be unsettling or downright uncomfortable to some-especially those who prefer a more firm mattress.
Side sleepers will love this mattress because of the soft foam that cushions the vulnerable curves of the body. A firmer mattress can be hard on the hips, shoulders, and neck and cause these unique sleepers to wake up feeling lethargic and in pain- something that may begin to reflect in your quality of work.
If the moment just happens to be right, pregnant women will also find comfort in this bed as well.
Being pregnant and trying to find the most comfortable sleeping position is already a difficult task as it is, but the DreamFoam mattress makes it easier.
If you’re worried about whether or not this mattress will suit your bed, the DreamFoam mattress will work for traditionally framed beds as well as platform beds and even bunk beds.
Some have even replaced the standard beds in their RV or camper with this bed and are happy with their decision.
To top it off, the affordable price tag makes it hard to justify passing this bed up.
- Works for nearly any sleeping style, but side sleepers and back sleepers will probably appreciate it more.
- The firmness is a perfect level of softness and firmness without being extreme in either direction.
- It’s great for regular use in your own room, the guest room or even a RV.
- No overpowering chemical smells.
- The thick soft memory foam may be an annoyance to some stomach sleepers. That said, stomach sleepers can help avoid the discomfort by replacing their pillow with something that won’t raise the head up so high.
- Back sleepers should also do this since the memory foam more than makes up for the lack of pillow.
3. Signature Sleep Signature 13 Inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress
- Dimensions: 60x80x13″
- Warranty Type: 1 Year Warranty
In addition to the comfort provided by this mattress, couples also noticed that movements felt by the other were minimized by the individual coils in the mattress; a common problem that can wake up or keep the other person awake.
The installation is easy.
Un box it, unwrap it and watch as it expands before your eyes.
Just be sure to do this in the place you intend to keep it permanently.
While not exceedingly heavy to move, it can be quite the task if you later decide to change your mind.
Each of the independently encased coils works together to ensure that every part of your body is supported while you sleep, that way you can wake up pain-free.
The Signature Sleep bed offers a firm yet soft surface that will be pleasant for most, but in addition to comfort; the low-density foam also does a great job at dispersing heat so you won’t wake up in a puddle of sweat- a common complaint that seems to go hand-in-hand with foam beds.
- The price is affordable
- The soft yet firm mattress will please nearly any kind of sleeper
- It resists becoming a sweat sponge during the summer heat even in air conditioned homes.
- It may be too firm for some side sleepers,
- The Longevity is alright for this kind of mattress but could be better
- The warranty is not the greatest.
4.13 Inch Pillow Top Aloe Vera Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Dimensions: 80x60x13″
- Warranty Type: 20-year warranty
Yet, this mattress sets itself apart from the rest of the mattress world by combining the extracts of the Aloe Vera plant in its foam.
You’ve probably heard of people using Aloe Vera gel for sunburns, but what does Aloe Vera have to do with mattresses?
As is the case for this mattress, the aloe vera gel extracts help soothe the skin while helping to regulate your body heat.
Memory foam mattresses have a great reputation for offering an experience like that of sleeping on a cloud, but the trade off frequently involves waking up drenched in sweat.
Not with this mattress, and you can thank the Aloe Vera because of that.
In addition to offering comfort, support, and heat regulation; this mattress is constructed from materials that are hypoallergenic.
And whether you’re a back sleeper, stomach sleeper, or side sleeper; you’ll find this mattress to be comfortable.
And as if that weren’t enough, the 20-year warranty is certainly impressive.
- The aloe vera gel mattress cover helps you stay cool even on the hottest of summer days.
- This mattress is a balanced combination of firm and softness without being extreme in either direction.
- The 20-year guarantee is impressive
- There are few cons if any with this mattress other than the usual “it’s too firm” or “it’s too soft”.